My Baby shower :D15:50:00
Wow! Well I still can't get over what an amazing day it was yesterday, I am still overwhelmed and gob-smacked!
Guests: I invited 13 guests of which 10 confirmed and turned up and also brought their 3 babies :)
Venue: As my flat is small and my mum likes to clean and organise, she held my baby shower at her house.
Mum set out a table in another room which had 'it's a girl' sprinkles and an amazing center piece she had made for me, which was a fantastic surprise. For the refreshments, she put out a spread of chicken nuggets, prawns, sausage rolls, cheese and pineapple sticks and crisps.With Tea, Coffee, Water, Squash and 8 varieties of fizzy. Which was plenty for the amount of people who were at the party. The was loads of drink, so me and mum split the remaining 6 bottles after the party.
We played 7 games in total.
Guess the weight and date - All the guests wrote their answers down so we can see who was the closest after baby is here!
Mum's Advice cards - Everyone wrote me a piece of advice to keep and read at the night-time feeds.
What did baby eat?! - A nappy is passed arround for everyone to 'sniff/smell' and you have to guess what the food is. i.e. Mustard, Gravy, peanut butter etc
Pins in the pasta - A bowl filled with pasta and plastic coloured nappy pins is passed around, each guest has 20 secs eyes shut to get out as many pink pins as possible, blue pins are negative points! It is a LOT harder than it sounds!!
Pin the dummy on the baby - Each guest tries to get the dummy in the babys mouth!
Who knows mummy best - Guests answered 15 questions to see who knows mummy best. Questions are:
1. When is her Birthday? October 17th
2. What is her favourtie colour? Green
3. Does she like dogs or cats better? or both the same? Dogs
4. What is her favourite movie? P.s. I love you
5. Who is her favourite children's character? Anything Disney
6. Is she hoping for a boy or a girl/ Girl
7. Has she chosen any names yet? if so what? Kairi Melody Staff
8. Did she have any strange cravings during her pregnancy? If so what did she crave? Sour, Strawberries, salt and vinega.
9. How many siblings does she have? 2
10. When is her due date? 10th or 21st April
11. Does she go to any pregnancy/childbirth classes? Yes
12. Where was she born? James Paget Hospital
13. What is her favouriote food? Pizza
14. Name any place she has worked in the past 5 years? As an Au Pair, In2Action Cyprus Alaithon Holiday Village, Mc Donalds, MESH Youth Group
15. Name some of her hobbies? Blogging, Scrapbooking
I was overwhelmed with gifts and presents from everyone who came. Me and Ryan went through them when we got home and loved them all.